If you have ever been on the recieving end of a email newsletter, you know that these marketing messages can be as dull as dishwater. We want to give you some tips on how to create newsletters that don't suck.
While I was putting together a newsletter template for a client I found this fantastic pdf with some really good tips to make your newsletter stand out.
- Balance the content of your newsletter to be 90% educational and 10% promotional
- Set expectations on your 'Subscribe' page.
- Get creative with email subject lines.
- Pick one primary call to action
- Keep design and copy minimal.
- make sure images have ALT text.
- Make it easy for people to unsubscribe.
- Test, Test, Test
- Segment your newsletter list
- Dont overload with non relevant information.
These are just a few of the top tips included, so please do take a look.
Your next newsletter could stand out from the crowd, and get your message across.