PayPal have recently made a change to their settings which will impact any organisation using PayPal as their payment processor in CiviCRM.
This change forces users to have a PayPal account in order to make any payments. However, you can change the settings on your PayPal account to allow users to pay with credit or debit cards. Here's how.
- Login to your PayPal account
- Click the profile link (head and shoulders icon at top right of screen)
- Go to my selling preferences (on the left)
- Go to website preferences, near the top in the middle
- Set PayPal account optional to on (see image below)
If you are logged into PayPal, this link *should* take you there: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/customerprofileweb?cmd=_profile-website-payments.